Sunday 18 February 2018

Broken Language

Trigger: "You put a bit of music on, Dave?"

Rodney: "Yes! Mozart's symphony number 38 in D major. I find it helps me unwind, you know - eases my executive stress."

Trigger: "... Ain't there no words to this, Dave?"

Rodney: "No, there's no words, Trigg, no - it's sort of.. instrumental."

Del Boy: "Raquel, i'm giving you two minutes or I'm going on me own." **Turns to Rodney and Trigger** "What's this?"

Trigger:: "It's Mozart's symphony number 38 in D major..."

Del Boy: **Speechless with shock**

Trigger: "...it's the karaoke version."



^^^^ This is ya host if someone forces me to listen to a Jazz LP or any instrumental Hip Hop album. Wordless genres of music are only good if they're singles-based like House, and you can't tell me shit to the contrary.

Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Trigger always call Rodney ‘Dave’?

4 comments:

L.A said...

Roger Lloyd Pack's timing >>>>>>>

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Not just of dialogue, but of gesture and expression too.

L.A said...

Lol very true

Spartan said...

Trigger spin-off sitcom would have been more welcome than the Boycie one or that dull prequel Rock & Chips.